Arrival in Eretria
By train (Possible with a change-over at station Ag. Anargyroi)
Take the train from airport to Piraeus (departure every hour at :09 of the hour) and change over at Ag. Anargyroi. The train from Ag. Anargyroi to Chalkida departs every 2 hours.
* Travel time from airport to Ag. Anargyroi: 38 min.
* Travel time from Ag. Anargyroi to Chalkida: 1.15 hours
On the airport you follow the signs to the metro/Proastiakos.
The train station in Chalkida is about 2km away from the bus station of Chalkida so you need to take a taxi. The bus from Chalkida bus station to Eretria departs about every hour. On Saturdays and Sundays there are less connections.
Take the airport express bus X93 (from airport to Kifissos). Get off the bus at bus station Liossion (4 stops before the end station Kifissos). Bus tickets can be purchased at the ticket counter from where the bus X93 departs. Travel time: 1 hour
From Liossion you will take the KTEL Chalkida bus to Eretria. In the high season there are more connections. Tickets can’t be pre-booked but there is always availability. Travel time: 1,5 hours
*NOTE: This connection was not operating in 2020 and it's not sure it will in 2021
If you want to travel more comfortable you can also book a taxi to Liossion bus station or Ag. Anargyroi train station. A pre-booked taxi is always more expensive than a taxi on the spot.
Taxi from the airport to Oropos. You will then take the ferry from Oropos to Eretria. In Eretria you can call the Hotel Avantis and they will pick you up from the port.
Departure from Karystos-Marmari
- 1Public bus Karystos-Marmari. Most ferries that leave Marmari to Rafina have a bus link from Karystos to Marmari. Information: 22240-26303. Buses leave from the KTEL bus station, next to the Municipality of Karystos.
- Taxi Karystos-Marmari.
- the ferry ticket can be purchased on the spot prior departure at the ticketing booth in Marmari. Reservation up front is not necessary. Check timetable
- From Rafina there are public regional buses to the airport or taxi’s on hold
Via Nea Styra-Agia Marina (This is more complicated and more expensive)
- Public bus Karystos-Nea Styra
- Taxi Karystos-Nea Styra.
Nea Styra-Agia Marina
- the ferry ticket can be purchased on the spot prior departure at the ticketing booth in Nea Styra. Reservation up front is not necessary.
- There is no public transport on this routing, only transfer per taxi possible.
NOTE: Precondition to book the arrival and departure transfers is that we receive the flight details!