Holland's Green Heart cycling
- Cycling through a real Dutch picture book
- Passing attractive little villages and towns
- Rambling the cheese city of Gouda
- Visit world-known Amsterdam and... beautiful Utrecht
- Holland's 'Green heart' with meandering rivers, vast polders, reflecting lakes, dark woods...
The Green Heart is a rural area surrounded by the big cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. What saved it was its wetland and marshes: poor building ground! Instead, the bogs were used to harvest peat. Today, here is where you’ll find the picture book Holland of old: low-lying peat meadows with grazing cattle; vast polders under beautiful skies; lakes, streams and rivers; and pretty villages with monumental farmhouses. You will also stop at a number of attractive towns, including "cheese town” Gouda. Naturally, your bike holiday would not be complete without a visit to amazing Amsterdam!
The terrain on this cycle tour is flat all the way. As on all our carefree cycle tours, we provide luggage transport and excellent accommodation.
See upgraded hotels